Getting Your Hair Cut in Tampa
Uh oh...is your hair getting a little too long? Or are you just in need of a fly new look to give you a boost of confidence? Hair is important, whether you’re kicking back at the beach or kicking it up in Ybor City.
Whatever the reason, a new haircut is always in season.
But sometimes it’s hard to tell your Tampa stylist what you want, so let us help you with a little hair vocabulary lesson!
- fade- when your hair “fades” into your skin, either high, low, or at the temples (another option: comb-over fade)
- layer- when your hair is cut into layers, instead of all the same length, to create movement (and not necessarily volume)
- asymmetrical- short on one side and long on the other i.e. not symmetrical
- gamine- a playful, short hairstyle for women
- taper- slightly longer than a fade, in which your hair goes more gradually from long to short
- wedge- shorter in the back and longer in the front, so that from the side it looks like a...wedge
- graduated or stacked- when layers are used to create volume and shape
How Long Does a Haircut Take?
Haircuts for men typically take 30 minutes or less and haircuts for women are generally booked as 1 hour.
Some factor that might increase your time at your Tampa hair salon are:
- hair type- curly hair often takes longer to cut and style than straighthair
- length- surprisingly, shorter hair might take longer than long hair
How Long Does a Haircut Last?
How often you revisit your favorite hair salon in Tampa is up to you, but a good rule of thumb for women is between 8 and 12 weeks. For men and women with short and/or shaved hair, it’s usually closer to 6 weeks.
That being said, you should ask your hairdresser for some advice and keep in mind that you’ll likely know when it’s time (have you hated your hair all week? It’s probably time).
How Much Does a Haircut in Tampa Cost?
Where to Get a Haircut in Tampa
Has the time truly come for a fresh new (or fresh re)do? Let Booksy help you find the best and most highly reviewed hair stylist in your neighborhood.
Just return to the listings above or download the Booksy app to book your haircut appointment today!