Foot Massages in Orlando, Florida
Whether it’s being on your feet at work all day, a long walk to the train, or a vigorous morning run, your feet take a beating during the day, especially in such an active area as Orlando, Florida. In addition to limiting your lifestyle and overall mobility, foot pain and soreness can bring down your entire body, not to mention your mood.
As luck would have it, Orlando is home to some excellent professional foot spas where you and your feet can get all the necessary attention.
What Is A Foot Massage and What Are the Benefits?
While the name might make it seem obvious, foot massages require skill and training to be performed properly. Most spas will have a certified reflexologist on staff to perform your foot massage. The reflexologist puts pressure on specific parts of the foot in order to relieve tension and stress throughout the entire body.
Foot massages also improve your overall circulation, and are ideal for people who spend most of the day on their feet. They can also help individuals with circulation issues, and women experiencing foot and ankle swelling during pregnancy.
In terms of the mind-body connection, foot massages can help ease the symptoms of anxiety and depression that we face in our everyday lives. It’s also common to see a drop in blood pressure after a foot massage—further proof of both the mental and physical benefits.
Types of Foot Massages
Depending on your specific health concerns, you can select a type of foot massage that best suits your individual needs. Some of the most popular foot massages in the Orlando, Florida area include:
- Swedish Foot Massage: A traditional, relaxing massage with round rubbing gestures.
- Deep Tissue Foot Massage: A deeper, more targeted massage than the Swedish; if you have particular problems areas or typical knots or kinks you need worked out, this is for you!
- Aromatherapy Foot Massage: Aromatic essential oils help address your specific areas of concern and help to increase energy, destress you, relax you, and improve sleep.
- Hot Stone Foot Massage: Utilizes the healing power of heat with hot stones placed on the muscles in your feet.
- Shiatsu Foot Massage: Japanese massage technique that involves rhythmic pressure along the body's natural flow of energy, sometimes called the acupuncture meridians; results in a balanced and relaxed body.
- Reflexology Foot Massage: Relieves tension and accumulated stresses that are tied to various organs in the body; helps heal ongoing distresses like PMS, digestive troubles, arthritis, and many more; involves very targeted pressure to particular nerve points.
- Sports Foot Massage: Designed for athletes or the more frequent gym-goer, sports foot massages address issues common to the repetitive movements of working out or running.
- Ayurveda Foot Massage: (aka Padabhyanga) a massage technique originating in India; balances the 3 elemental properties of the body, sometimes called doshas. Rebalances, clears blocked energy channels, and restores a harmonic flow of energy in the body.
- Prenatal Massage: Because pregnant women are not as mobile as they’d normally be, circulation becomes a concern for expecting mothers; as a result, a foot massage can be a relaxing and rewarding treat for their feet.
For a better idea of the best type of foot massage for you, reach out to an Orlando specialist today.
How Long Does A Foot Massage Take?
Foot massages typically last an hour, though they can be extended to 90 or 120 minutes as well, depending on your preferences. If you can’t sit still that long, 30 minute massages are also available at most foot spas.
How Much Does A Foot Massage Cost?
A 30 minute foot massage typically runs $30-50. 60-90 minute massages can run $60-110, depending on the spa.
How To Find A Foot Massage Spa In Orlando
Ready to put your feet up and treat yourself to a relaxing foot massage? Booksy can help you find a professional foot spa in Orlando with great reviews.
Return to the listings above or download the free appointment-booking app Booksy to start booking the best today.